Summer is here and we couldn't be more excited! After the strange spring it is time to enjoy the sun and the rain and especially the time with our loved ones. Take photos of the most beautiful and inspiring signs of summer in your neighborhood and participate in our photo competition. Kesä naapurustossa 2020 (Summer in the Hoods 2020) -photography competition is organized by Know Your Hoods.
How to enter the competition?
The theme is 'Summer in the Hoods 2020'. Take a picture about your favorite thing, place, view or activity in your hoods. What makes your heart sing in the summer heat/rain?. The more unknown or even hidden it is, the better. Make sure that the photo is taken from the Turku Region during summer 2020.
2 ways to participate
You can participate the competition with a photo that captures the given theme and is taken from the Turku region (Turku + 10 neighboring cities). Remember to let us know from where and when the photo is taken. If there is a story related to the photo, we would love to hear about it :) There are two ways to participate, so choose the one that is best for you:
- Instagram: Publish a picture with a hashtag #kauniskevät2020. NOTICE! In order to participate, your Instagram account needs to be public.
- Facebook: Publish a picture to the comment section of the competition post at @knowyourhoods Facebook page.
Selecting the winners & prizes
- The winner - readers' choice: The organizers will select the finalists and these photos will be published on August 12th, 2020 for voting in our blog. The voting period is August 12th - 30th, 2020. The winner is the photo with the most votes.
- The winner - jury's choice: We organizers will select our own favorite photo. We appreciate especially the story attached to the photo and the more unknown sceneries.
- Publishing the winners: Winning pictures will be published here in our blog and in our social media channels in Wednesday September 2nd, 2020.
- Prizes: By buying gift cards to local businesses we want to continue our support for our fellow entrepreneurs. The reader's choice will be awarded with a gift card (50 euros) to Kuori Restaurant. The jury's choice will be rewarded with a gift card (20 euros) to Fiilis - Cafe & Bistro.
- Prize for the voter: Powau Cafe gift card (20 euros) will be raffled among the voters of the final photos.
Terms and conditions
- The copyright of the photo remains with the photographer.
- The organizer is Know Your Hoods.
- The organizer have the rights to use the photos and photo captions entered into the competition in their own websites and in their social media channels with the photographer's name or user name.
- If you want any other name to be used than your name on Facebook or username on Instagram, please mention the name in the photo caption when posting the photo.
- By posting the photo you ensure that you have the right to use and distribute the photo and it doesn’t violate anyone’s copyright and/or privacy.
- If the photos include recognizable people, the photographer is responsible that the people have given their consent for the photo and its distribution.
- Persons 15 years or older may participate in the competition, minors with the consent of their parents/guardian.
- One person may enter the competition with max 3 photos per theme. If one person enters with more photos, the first 3 uploaded photos will participate in the competition.
- Winners are contacted through the channel in which they participated in the competition. The winner must respond in 2 days to the competition organizer or the organizer has the right to pass the prize forward.
- The winner of the entire competition may have their story published Know Your Hoods's blog and in other organizer's channels.
- The photos entered into the competition must be in good taste and must not violate anyone’s rights nor degrade anyone. The organizers have the rights to remove such photos from the competition.
- An individual competitor may be disqualified if the person violates the rules despite being warned.
- The organizer has the right to modify these rules if needed. Changes will be notified in social media channels.
We are looking forward to see surprising, beautiful and engaging photos that make people smile. Good luck in the competition!
- Susanna & Know Your Hoods team
P.S. If you have any further questions concerning about the competition, please leave a question in the comment section of this blog post.