Summer is here and we couldn't be more excited! It is time to enjoy the Sun, summer rain and especially time with our loved ones. Take photos of the most beautiful and inspiring signs of summer in your neighborhood and participate in our photo competition. Summer in the Hoods 2023 -photography competition is organized by Know Your Hoods.
How to enter the competition?
The theme is 'Summer in the Hoods 2023'. Take a picture of your favorite thing, place, view or activity in your hoods. What makes your heart sing in the summer heat/rain? The more unknown or even hidden it is, the better. Make sure that the photo is taken in Southwest Finland during the summer 2023.
To participate in the competition, send us a photo taken in Southwest Finland (Varsinais-Suomi and Satakunta) during 2023 that reflects the theme. Remember to let us know where and when you took the photo. If there is a story behind the image, we would love to hear about that too! :)
When: You can send us pictures until the 31st of July 2023.
There are three ways to enter, so choose the one that works best for you:
- E-mail: Send your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: Publish a picture with a hashtag #kesänaapurustossa2023. NB! To participate, your Instagram account needs to be public.
- Facebook: Publish a picture to the comment section of the competition post at @knowyourhoods Facebook page.
Selecting the winners & prizes
- The winner - readers' choice: The jury will consider all submissions and select a number of finalists. These photos will be published on our blog in 3rd of August, 2023, after which everyone can vote for their favorite in the comments section of the blog. Voting will be open until the end of the month.
- Voting on Instagram and Facebook: You can also vote your favorite on our social media channels. In addition, the finalists will be published one by one on Instagram and Facebook.
The winner will be the photo with the most votes. We will also hold a lottery among all voters (blog + social media channels).
- Publishing the winners: Winning pictures will be published on our social media channels and on our blog on the in August-September, 2023.
- Prizes for winners and voters:
- Reader's choice: 50e gift card to a service of your own choice in Southwest Finland
- A prize for a voter: 20e gift card to a service of your own choice in Southwest Finland
Terms and conditions
- The copyright of the photo remains with the photographer.
- The organizer of the competition is Know Your Hoods.
- The organizer has the right to use the photos and photo captions entered into the competition on their own websites and in their social media channels with the photographer's name or user name.
- The organizer has the right to crop the photos so that they fit to the Instagram feed. For the voting, the finalists will be published in their original dimensions.
- If you want any other name to be used rather than your name on Facebook or username on Instagram, please mention the name in the photo caption when posting the photo.
- By posting the photo you ensure that you have the right to use and distribute the photo and it doesn’t violate anyone’s copyright and/or privacy.
- If the photos include recognizable people, the photographer is responsible that the people have given their consent for the photo and its distribution.
- Persons 15 years or older may participate in the competition, minors with the consent of their parents/guardian.
- One person may enter the competition with a maximum of 3 photos per theme. If one person enters with more photos, the first 3 uploaded photos will participate in the competition.
- Winners are contacted through the channel in which they participated in the competition. The winner must respond within 2 days to the competition organizer or the organizer has the right to pass the prize forward.
- The winners and finalists of the competition may have their pictures or story published Know Your Hoods's blog and social media channels and in the local newspaper, Turun Seutusanomat.
- The photos entered into the competition must be in good taste. The organizers have the right to remove photos from the competition if they are deemed to be obscene, degrading, or in violation of someone’s rights.
- An individual competitor may be disqualified entirely if the person violates the rules repeatedly despite being warned.
- The organizer has the right to modify these rules if needed. Any changes will be clearly communicated on social media channels.
- Meta is not part of the lottery.
Good luck for the competition and enjoy the hot summer days!
-Elisa & Know Your Hoods Team
P.S. You can get familiar with the neighborhoods of the Turku region with the help of our free search engine!